Welcome to our website, which has been designed to give you a feel for the sort of holidays we like to organise on your behalf. Beneath the surface you will find a host of itineraries and photographs that are unique to Wild and Exotic, which was founded in the millennium year to offer outstanding African riding safaris. We soon added a bespoke travel service to complement our rides, and currently organise quality travel to a diverse selection of 33 different countries. We set up our own trans Andes ride from Argentina to Chile in Patagonia in 2002, and continue to run several unique and exclusive rides around the world each year. We have also expanded our field sports holidays, concentrating on targeting an exotic selection of species in the world’s premier fly-fishing destinations. We have recently added a bespoke travel service to complement our Ethiopian rides following a research trip to that country in February 2015.
We have personally researched the destinations and activities on this website and pride ourselves on matching guests with the experience that suits them best. You can expect exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of your holiday planning, including assistance with flights, transfers and insurance.
We are remunerated by commission only, meaning that you pay no more (sometimes less) by booking your holiday through Wild and Exotic than if you had booked direct, but with the additional benefits of our considerable travel planning experience. If you like what you see on this website please do contact us for more detailed information on your preferred country, activity or destination.
- Ethiopia - Bale Mountains National Park rideWith the exception of the nights spent at Bale Mountain Lodge, these are camping trips run inside the remote Bale Mountain National Park – an Afro alpine moorland with a plateau at about 4,000 meters and peaks over 4,200 – 4,360meters high. These horse back safaris take you off the beaten trail beyond the reach of vehicles.
- Kenya bespoke travelEnjoy the breath-taking vistas and unrivalled game viewing opportunities of Kenya in a vehicle, on foot, by camel, or fly camping, and after the excitement of the bush we recommend a stay beside the Indian Ocean, where deep sea fishing, diving, snorkelling, diving, and other water sports await the energetic.
- India - Riding in RajasthanOur rides through the colourful Indian region of Rajasthan are often planned to coincide with either the Pushkar Fair in October and November or the equally absorbing Nagaur Fair in February. Guests have the choice of joining set departure dates or putting together a group of their own making.
- Botswana bespoke travelBotswana has historically concentrated on the top end of the tourism market, specialising in exclusive wilderness destinations that allow guests to view wildlife in glorious isolation from other tourists. Our clients love to visit Botswana because it is one of the most diverse and enchanting countries in the world, they love its unfenced big five wilderness & wetland landscapes, friendly people, history and culture. Botswana is a dream destination offering a variety of wildlife experiences that are beyond your wildest dreams with wonderful game viewing areas – the Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park, the Kalahari Desert and Makgadikgadi Salt Pans as well as lesser known destinations such as The Tuli Block.
- North America - Bitterroot Ranch, WyomingThe Bitterroot Ranch is a remote 1,300 acre working ranch surrounded by the Shoshone National Forest and a 52,000 acre wildlife refuge. The terrain is extremely varied; sagebrush plains, grassy meadows and rocky gorges give way to forested mountains and alpine clearings. Your hosts place a strong emphasis on their riding program and provide several horses for each guest, splitting the rides into small groups according to ability.
- UK - Shooting and StalkingWhen organising holidays to far flung corners of the globe it is all too easy to overlook the beautiful countryside at home and the superb riding and field sports opportunities on our own doorstep. Wild and Exotic have been organising field sports here in the UK for 18 years, long before the formation of Wild and Exotic as a company.
Worldwide Activities – click the countries to view